Monday, November 08, 2010


Hey, everybody! Do you realize that it's been OVER A MONTH since I last entertained you with the goings-on in my brain! I know! I'm sure you've felt completely deprived because, as we all know, my life is the most interesting EVER!
Yeah, not really.
Which is really the reason I've not written. Because, really, who cares what we do in school every day? Math, reading, language arts, blah blah blah...sometimes it puts ME to sleep. (Not in the middle of school, though, because then what kind of role model would I be?)
(I do have a posts brewing about my desires to be a cowgirl, but it's more of a half formed idea than anything that would interest anyone right now.)
Troy and Declan camped out with the Cub Scouts this past Friday night, which was a blast for them. I was not jealous, however, because it got down to 27 degrees and I was really glad to be snuggled up in my own comfy (WARM!) bed. I think that Declan got sick though, because he's been kind of a wreck since then. Troy and I went on a date on Saturday evening and Deco REALLY didn't want us to go out. 
"I just want the whole family to be together!", he says, huge brown eyes filled to the brim with tears. I tried to point out to him that we had been together the entire afternoon, and that we were going to be back in just a couple of hours. He bravely put on a smile and survived, but I know he would have been perfectly content to just stay at home. 
Yesterday, we attended the wedding of the daughter of some friends of ours and Deco kind of melted down after dinner. Same sad brown eyes filled with tears. Same issue. He wanted us to be at home, with nobody else there, doing something where we were all interacting with one another. Not all of us in the living room but doing our own thing - one of us reading, one of us on the iPhone, etc. - but doing something together
So we came home from the wedding, got in our comfies, and played on the Wii. After two rounds of Mario Kart and a couple of events at the Winter Olympics with Sonic the Hedgehog, he fell asleep on the sofa. In about 5 seconds. Complete with snoring.
Poor guy!


Flea said...

Yeah. Sounds like he's definitely coming down with something. My kids would always melt down two or three days before getting sick. Pump the boy full of vitamin C and give him plenty of fluids.

Sherri said...

I'm like you with the blogging lately. I just can't find the time or energy to do it. The only thing that motivates me is the fact that I am going to start printing it all out and putting it in albums by years.
I am glad to see a new post from you and to see a little of what you have been up to!!

Anonymous said...

I tell you he's just worried about
the day then he will have to "fend for himself". Love, m