So I will.
Here are 10 Fun Facts about Reilly as we celebrate her 10th birthday:
- She always says, "Squeegee, Luigi!" (complete with strong Italian accent) as she squeezes out her hair after a shower. (Why, yes, she does this because she learned it from me! Why do you ask?)
- For the past eight and a half years, when it's been my night to put her to bed, she's asked for the same two songs. "Morningtown Ride" (or, as we call it, The Choo Choo Song) and The Teddy Bear Picnic. Now, I will say that I don't sing them ANYTHING like these people...although, that might make for a different bedtime routine!
- She loves having her back scratched, probably as much as I do! This is how we bond during movies. And how I bonded with my Dad when I was a kid!
- She is a very good mimic, quite adept at doing accents. My favorite is her British accent.
- She loves being read to; this morning at breakfast, we read Birthday Monsters and The Birthday Bears, (The second book is where I got the title of this post!)
- Supey sleeps, almost exclusively, on Reilly's bed. Years ago, we decided that he shared Reilly's birthday, so he is officially six years old today. Reilly adores Supey.
- She loves roller coasters.
- She also loves to watch me edit dance recitals.
- Reilly was born on Father's Day and we got to be on the news that night.
- She doesn't like any kind of nut, except for pistachios.
Happy birthday, Baby Bear!!
The last ten years have been a joy, an adventure, and a blessing!