Honestly, though, there are some days I wish I had. Or could.
So, I don't really have a well planned out post, I just starting blogging off the cuff. Which is what I usually do. Which is why my posts usually have about as much content as the inside of a Twinkie. Sorry.
So, instead of trying to make a post that has some sort of logical segue from topic to another, I'm just going to do bullet points.
(And, yes, I had to go to dictionary.com to find out how to spell "segue". It's not spelled like it sounds, unless you're talking about one of those two-wheeled thingies that mall cops run around on. Which I wasn't talking about. But I have ridden on one, and they're fun!)
(SEE?! NO CONTENT!)
- Speaking of Twinkies, I'm on a diet. Now, I fully realize that announcing to the world via a blog that three people read that you're on a diet is just asking to fail, but there you have it. It's a fairly radical diet, involving supplements and counting calories, but I have lost seven pounds so far. I mean, I feel like I would trade my spleen for an Oreo, but weight is coming off. (But, really, who needs a spleen anyway?)
- We spent the last weekend at the lake with my two favorite families. (We were at a house, not camping. Which is, to me, the perfect way to enjoy the lake!) We went tubing and jet skiing and played games and watched movies and laughed a LOT. All of the kids just got to run around outside and have fun with each other. There was a motorcycle out there, which Troy enjoyed a LOT. He spent three hours on Saturday morning, just giving kids rides. I thought he was going to cry when it was time to go home.
- School is going. Most days just fine, some days with a lot of kicking and screaming. Honestly, I wish I were exaggerating a whole lot on that point, but I'm only exaggerating a little. Some days have been really ugly. Some days I honestly wonder if I'm sacrificing my relationship with Reilly for education. But today was great, so I just have to let the past be the past and look to God's grace for tomorrow.
- There's something a little disconcerting about my daughter calling in from the other room "Moooommm? Do we have any shortening?" What exactly is she plotting in there?
~WARNING! WARNING! STRONG OPINION TO FOLLOW! ~
- I think that Michael Moore is a moron. He's made a movie called "Capitalism: A Love Story". Yes, idjit, let's SLAM CAPITALISM.....THE THING THAT MADE YOU A MILLIONAIRE! Moron.
OK, I'm officially done ranting.
And, I'm done posting, actually. I have to go and get ready for class at our church tonight and I have to make my dinner to take. Because otherwise I'll get sucked into the vortex of cheesey goodness that is Tacorito Casserole, and that just doesn't fit into my diet plan.
Although I wish it did. ....mmmmm....cheeeeeessssseeeee....