1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping! I actually started a tradition last year (one that I stole from one of my best friends!) of not putting anyone's names on their gifts, but they each have their own wrapping. As I wrap the gifts and put them under the tree, The Kids don't know which ones are theirs, but they find out on Christmas morning when the wrapping in their stocking matches their presents under the tree.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial - the one from my childhood!
3. When do you put up the tree? This year it was the weekend of Thanksgiving. Never again will I do that when I've hosted Thanksgiving because I almost died from exaustion!
4. When do you take the tree down? The week after Christmas, usually
5. Do you like eggnog? In small quantities. And without rum, because I don't like rum! Maybe I'd like it better with rum in large quantities.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Oh, my Cabbage Patch doll for sure!!
7. Hardest person to buy for? My nephew and my little brother. Teenagers are hard to buy for because everything they want is so EXPENSIVE!!
8. Easiest person to buy for? My kids and my hubby. My mom is really easy to buy for
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Several, actually!
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Neither this year. Christmas just snuck up too fast for me to get out the oh so exciting Mahoney Christmas letter. "We homeschooled. Troy worked. Yippee!"
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I don't think I've ever gotten a worst. I did date a guy that got me jewelry ALL THE TIME, (I wasn't a big jewelry person at the time) and it was always from a pawn shop that a friend of his owned.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Hmmmm...too hard to choose one favorite. Top picks would be Scrooge with Albert Finney, Elf, Jim Carrey's version of The Grinch, and A Christmas Story.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Late October
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Only for White Elephant gift exchanges
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Mmmmm...fudge and chex mix. REAL chex mix, not that junk from a bag! Oh, and Coma Hot Chocolate. *drool*
16. Lights on the tree? Of course! Colored
17. Favorite Christmas song(s)? As far as traditional songs go, it would have to be "O Holy Night",and "The Little Drummer Boy". For contemporary songs, I'd have a hard time choosing between "Labor of Love" by Andrew Peterson and "Welcome to Our World" by Chris Rice. (I've put videos of both of those at the end of this post, in case you haven't heard them!It's funny, because both of the videos use scenes from the movie "The Nativity Story"!)
18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? At home! Let everyone COME TO ME!!! (Or to my mom's house, or my sister in law's house, as the case may be. Nobody actually stays with me.)
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Sure! Happy, Grumpy, Stompy, Crampy...no, wait. Wrong group.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Always Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? People trying to make Christmas all PC! *gag*
23. What theme or color are you using? The "Look! Here are all the Christmas decorations we've collected over the years!" Theme. It's the same one we use every year!
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? My mom's spinach casserole. YUM!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? A Wii, but that ain't happenin', so I got a puppy instead! But I also want (and need!) a new wallet!