I'm kind of sad, because I'm pretty sure that Holly has cancer or something like that. Last Sunday she wasn't feeling well, acting lethargic, and not eating. We decided to give her a few days to see if maybe she just had a "doggy cold", but on Wednesday we realized that her throat was swollen, so we decided to take her to see the vet. They took some x-rays and said that it could be a swollen gland or she could have gotten a splinter in her throat that was infected (she likes to chew on sticks!) and they gave us some medicines to give her for swelling and pain , and gave us instructions to bring her back in a week.
This morning, when Troy got home from work, he noticed that she has two other lumps, one on her shoulder and one on her chest, and I don't believe that the lump in her throat has gotten any smaller.
This makes me sad because, as much as we love her, if she does have cancer, we simply can't spend thousands of dollars for surgery and treatment and things like that. We'll simply have to make the choice to put her to sleep when it becomes apparent that she's suffering.
Now, I hope I'm overreacting. I hope that when we take her back, the lumps have magically disappeared or something like that.