I was tagged by Heather my friend from JustMommies, who writes Camian Academy a while ago and so here are my 8 things.
The rules are simple…Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
So here goes!
1. I met my husband when I was dating another guy, who I thought I was going to marry. (Seriously...as in, Keith had discussed returning my Christmas present and getting me a ring!) Troy and I had spent several months flirting over the deli counter at the grocery store where we worked, and I thought to myself, "Oh well, I'm going to marry Keith. I guess Troy will just be that guy that I'll always wonder what it would have been like to date!" Luckily, I came to my senses, broke up with Keith, and started dating Troy!
2. I like to scratch on nylon! I've done it my whole life and it has to have a certain "feel" to it, which is apparent only to me and I couldn't even begin to describe what that "feel" is, but I know which items are scratchable and which aren't. Like, the nylon windpants that I used to wear to work - scratchable! I'd sit and chart, scratching on my knee. My coworkers probably thought I had fleas!
3. When I was a child, I was an extra in the movie "Tex", although the part that I was in was cut from the movie. I have a paystub from the movie company, though. I think I was paid $25. Hey! I shouldv'e gone and gotten my SAG card! I could've been a STAR!!
4. Also, as I child, I was an extra in several operas: "Faust", "Manon Lescaut", "The Magic Flute", and "Romeo and Juliet". I wasn't required to sing, although I do remember learning the songs just by virtue of being at rehearsals, I was just mainly "filler" for the scenes. It was SO MUCH FUN! Especially doing "Faust" because I got to have a couple of wardrobe changes and got to have a wig on and go into make-up.
5. I hate putting lotion on my hands because I can't stand the feeling of my palmprints rubbing against each other when there's lotion on my hands. And FORGET putting lotion on my feet! *shudder*
6. I love more than anything to have my back scratched. Not rubbed, scratched...tickled, is actually a more proper term. I'll take a good backscratch over a massage any day of the week. I started training Reilly to like having her back scratched when she was a toddler so that we could trade off and she's become a fantastic scratcher! She'll scratch my back while I read to her before bed, and then I'll scratch hers while I'm singing songs.
7. When Troy and I were whitewater rafting in Colorado on our honeymoon, the raft hit a rock and I popped out. You know how they tell you that when you think you're going to die, your life flashes before your eyes? Not me. I had four thoughts: 1.) This little pillow on the back of my life jacket isn't keeping my head above water! 2.) Don't drop the paddle!! 3.) My shoe is coming off! How am I going to get down the rest of the river with only one shoe?! (This thought was while I was trying to grab my Teva that was only attached around my ankle at that point!) 4.) My brand new husband is going to go on Maury Povich and talk about how his new wife died on their honeymoon!!
8.) My favorite sandwich in the world is a bacon, tomato, peanut butter and mayonnaise sandwich on toasted bread. Mmm, mmm, MMM! I grew up on them and my mouth waters when I think about one. YUM!
I'm going to tag Flea at Flea's World, Jenn at In Constant Bloom, Phoenix over at Phoenix Rising, my cousin Karin over at A Mom, a Blog, Two Tots and a Dog, and Jennifer at St. Anthony's Acres. I know, I know, that's only 5 people, but the only other blogs that I know are people at whose blog I lurk and I don't feel like I can tag a "stranger"! (Heather already tagged a lot of people I know!!)